Karate Queensland Membership Benefits Package
Karate Queensland (KQ) is endorsed by the Australian Karate Federation as the peak governing body for karate in Queensland with responsibility for promoting and managing the development and conduct of the sport and lifestyle activity of karate in the State focussing on local and grassroots members and clubs as well as supporting elite athletes at state, national and international events.
KQ member organisations are entitled to access a broad range of benefits and services from KQ as well as through the AKF and its other State Federations.
Karate Queensland Endorsed Member
KQ will endorse the qualifications and experience of new member organisations. Qualifying members will be able to advertise their endorsed status on dojo signage, websites, promotional material, letterheads, emails, etc.
Membership certificates, wall posters, transfers, stickers and other marketing collateral will be provided to new members for advertising and promotional use. Members will be recognised on KQ’s website with a link through to member websites and email addresses.
The KQ Endorsed Programme is designed to provide member organisations with a marketing competitive advantage through strong brand association with Karate Queensland.
Other KQ Membership benefits
KQ Member organisations and their athletes can:
- Participate in regular KQ educational seminars, webinars and elite and grassroots coaching programmes on topics that encompass traditional, weapons and competitive karate across various styles;
- Participate in KQ and AKF sanctioned karate competitions and activities including any tournaments staged by other affiliated State Federations;
- Be considered for selection in the State team to compete at the AKF national championships, subject to selection criteria;
- Be considered for selection in the AKF National teams to compete at various international tournaments, subject to selection criteria;
- Be eligible to receive sponsorship/financial support for international competition attendance for athletes, referees, judges;
- Participate in dojo coaching, competition coaching and refereeing development programmes;
- Access a Dan grading service for 1st dan and above for those members organisations with no affiliation to an umbrella organisation;
- Receive assistance to secure government grants for sporting bodies.