Karate Queensland is proud to present the 2017 May Invitational!
Entries open Monday 24 April and close 3 weeks later on Friday 12 May 5pm AEST.
Register your details with your Head of Style.
The Tournament will be held on the weekend of May 20-21 at the Cornubia Stadium. We are arranging additional spectator seating on the stadium floor.
There are kyu grade and black belt events as listed below:
Male and Female Events:
9 years and under
10 and 11 years
12 and 13 years
9 years only
10 years -35 kgs, +35kgs
11 years -39 kgs, +39kgs
12 and 13 years -47 kgs, +47 kgs
Cadets -51kgs, +51kgs, BB Open
Juniors -53kgs, +53kgs, BB Open
Seniors -58k, +58kgs, BB Open
9 years only
10 years -35kgs, +35 kgs
11 years -38kgs, +38kgs
12 and 13 years -50kgs, +50kgs
Cadets -60kgs, +60kgs, BB Open
Juniors -65kgs, +65kgs, BB Open
Seniors -71kgs, +71kgs, BB Open
For this tournament, 1st and 2nd place in kyu grades will NOT be automatically promoted into the BB division. Kyu grades who enter the Kyu competition can also enter in their corresponding BB events. A second entry fee must be paid.
9 years and under kata must be Heian, Pinan, Gekasei and can be repeated AAAA.
All other children and all KYU grade competitors must perform Hein, Pinan, Gekasai in the first two rounds and Tokui thereafter, should they choose. If there is only one round, Tokui is allowed in that round. If there are two rounds, Tokui is allowed in the second round. Non consecutive repeats ABAB are allowed for children over 9 years.
The minimum age for Kumite is 9 years.
Your event age is your age at 26 October, 2017 (as per the AKF).
With regard to weight divisions, if you weigh e.g. 51kg, you are in the 51+ division. If you weigh 50.9 or less you are in the -51 division.
HOW TO ENTER
Karate Queensland is in the process of changing its tournament software. So for this tournament, entries will only be accepted via your dojo Head of Style (HOS).
To enter: contact your HOS (or immediate Sensei), who will record your entry in a Karate Queensland supplied database and also collect your entry fee.
Entering in this Tournament is subject to the Karate Queensland’s standard tournament conditions,disclaimers and waivers – see below.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS FOR STATE TEAM MEMBERS
State Team members who live in the south East Queensland region are expected to compete in this tournament.
Your State coaches will be present and available providing advice and assistance and monitoring performances.
Kyu grade state team members must compete in their Kyu events as well as the BB events. To facilitate this, Kyu grade State team members will pay a discounted Kyu grade entry fee of $25.00 ($50 for Family) as well as the BB entry fee.
State team play-offs, if required, will be held at this tournament at the end of each days competition. Further advice to follow.
A referee seminar will be conducted on Saturday May 13. Attendance is compulsory for all referees and judges who intend to officiate at the invitational. Coaches and athletes are also welcome to attend. Venue and time to be advised.
TOURNAMENT CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMER
Conditions of Entry – Disclaimer
1. I acknowledge that I have read the definitions set out below.
2. I hereby acknowledge that my entry and/or participation in the Tournament carries with it a significant risk of personal injury.
3. Therefore, I for myself and the Releasors hereby relinquish, release and/or waive any action against the Releasees for any personal injury sustained by me arising out of and/or in the course of the Tournament whether as a result of any disregard and/or technical breach of any Rules of the Tournament or otherwise.
4. In addition, in the event of any action being commenced, I for myself and the Releasors hereby indemnify the Releasees against any cost and damages arising from or connected herewith.
5. I hereby authorise AKF Inc. and/or Karate Queensland or its nominated representative to capture photographic, digital or other electronic images during the course of this event. I further acknowledge that AKF Inc. and/or Karate Queensland owns all Intellectual Property rights in respect to these photographic, digital or other electronic images and may, at its sole discretion, publish, display or otherwise use these images for promotional purposes.
1. “Personal Injury” has its ordinary English meaning and includes any injury for which a person might be awarded under General Damages and/or Special Damages at Common Law.
2. “The Releasors” means the family, dependents, heirs, executors and/or assigns and any person or persons claiming through them.
3. “The Releasees” means any corporation, association or other body and/or any person(s) jointly and/or severally and whether servants or agents of any of the aforementioned or otherwise where any such corporation, other body or individual is associated with the promotion or conduct of the Tournament and includes competitor(s) referee(s) and observers or members of the audience.
4. “Any Action” means any claim, right and/or course of action for damages at Common Law or pursuant to any statute.
5. “The Rules” means the rules for the time being of the Australian Karate Federation Incorporated and Karate Queensland.